Friday 8 March 2013

No One Cares

It's Morndas, 18th of last seed and I have just entered Riften...


I rush up to the first guards I see... "Hail! I have to report a crime!" I shout at them as they look at me lazily and uninterested.

"The Jarl will want to hear about this then!" One of them says and sniggers at me.


So I run up the stairs behind me, forgetting that this building is actually the temple of Mara. Well since I'm here, I receive a blessing and speak to a priestess, Dinya Balu who tells me that to receive Mara's full powers that I should go Ivarstead and do something or other, I'm not really listening.


I take my leave of the temple and enter Mistvale Keep. Finally, the Jarl may be able to do something to help!


I speak to Jarl Laila Law-Giver... "I need to report a crime!! Some men came in the night, took my father, left my home in ruins and did unspeakable things to me throughout the night!" I redden with embarrassment but keep my head up to look at the Jarl.

"This is the local Cook, my liege. You savoured her honeyed treats ere last Second Seed." The woman next to her said, I think she is the Jarl's steward.

"Oh, yes. Your father was Grenulf the odd-jobsman. So he is missing is he? I will be sure to send a contingent of guards to your house to investigate. Now take your leave, good day."

I stand there in shock for a moment, being dismissed by the Jarl. What am I supposed to do now? I think as I stand there open mouthed.


Anuriel, the steward gestures me over towards her and hints to me that there may be corruption in the keep, maybe this is why the Jarl seems so uninterested with my story. I ask about the thieves guild, since they could be behind my father's disappearance. Although, I never heard a story of a person being stolen...
Anuriel just says that someone is already on the case of catching the thieves and doesn't really tell me anything of value.


 I walk out of the keep in a daze, feeling as dreary as this view of Riften. I wander along worrying about what to do, thousands of questions running through my mind when I am stopped by a gentleman. His name is Brynjolf and he says that I look poor, well thanks, I think as he sizes me up. He offers me some work stealing something or other, but I am in no mood to take on work, let alone stealing!! So I walk off from him towards the Bee and the Barb Inn.


As soon as I walk in there is a crazy man shouting about Dragons in the middle of the room! There are some strange people in Skyrim! I speak to a woman called Keerava who tells me about a shrine of Azura, but I'm not really interested.


By this point I realise that I am ravenously hungry, so I go to the bar and buy an apple pie, a single apple and some salt for cooking.


I take a seat near the fire, it's chilly in these ragged robes! And eat the whole apple pie! I told you I was hungry!! I wash it all down with the bottle of Black Briar Mead that was in the pack. I then proceed to buy a room for the night because I have no-where else to go. I am left with 287 Gold.

This is my room for the night
I quickly make my way to my room for the night and settle down on the raw hide and cry myself to sleep, thinking about how my life ended up like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment